Every environment lends itself to a different medium, Oils, Acrylics and Watercolours have their own distinct feel and need to be considered carefully before starting a painting.
- "Richard produced some stunning artwork for me with vibrant colours and exceptional attention to detail. He is inspired by the world around him and this reflects on all of his finished artwork. I would definitely recommend Richard for commissions as well as his gallery work, all of which should be more widely seen and appreciated!"
- "I really enjoyed working with Richard, his hands on approach really helped. He offered insights and techniques that made complete sense, I felt my painting improved during the courses."
- "Just a quick line to say how much we enjoyed our workshop with you last Tues at Bridlington Spa. We loved your supportive approach to teaching new ways of thinking about our art practice - a very valuable day which will enable us to move our work forward. The concept of ‘story’ is now firmly embedded."
- "York Based British painter Richard Stuttle isolates the intense, fleeting beauty of extreme sports in superbly crisp, spectacular and often-vertiginous oil compositions. From pristine slopes in the French Alps, where he spends winters painting and snowboarding, to gritty city streets where he follows skateboarders and parkour practitioners, Stuttle alternates between nearly photographic hyperrealism and a vividly lit and stylised aesthetic evocative of Expressionist woodblock prints."
“Expand your artistic ability, learn new skills and explore painting.”
As artists we are constantly learning, a day’s painting tuition or evening class can help develop your drawing and painting. By understand more about perspective, composition, colour and tone you can expand your abilities.
Painting from life is one of the best ways to develop more advanced oil and watercolour techniques.
- Introduction about drawing and art.
- Quick sketching and finding the right subject.
- Working on colour, atmosphere and detail.
- Show your work, discuss and offer feedback.
Course content will be tailored to the group or individuals needs.
Richard is an accomplished lecturer and teacher, speaking at many art and design expos around the world. He talks passionately about his work, how he approaches new projects and the design process.
Other discussion topics include;
- The Art of Abstraction
- Contemporary Design and Imagination
- The Future of Art in the Digital Age
- Marketing, Design and Innovation
- Hospitality Marketing